Shedding more hair than usual is always a distressing situation. People experience hair shedding or hair fall at various times of the year with the change in seasons. In medical terms, it is also called telogen effluvium. But it is temporary and a result of a stressful experience.
Environmental elements like extreme heat during the months of July and August, greater sun exposure, salt water, and chlorine all impact hair health.
In such a case, you should look into products like a hair fall control shampoo that’s free of sulfates and parabens. Such products, along with a good diet, will help you restore your hair health.
What to Do When You Experience Hair Fall
It’s natural for you to lose around 50 to 100 hair follicles every day. But if you experience a much greater shedding, then it’s time to implement some changes. Here are some things you can do to keep hair fall at bay.
- Pay attention to your diet – Diet is the foundation of your overall wellness. If you consume a nutrient-rich diet, get enough sleep every day, exercise regularly, and control your stress levels, then you will find a tremendous improvement in your hair health.
Ensure that your diet is high in vitamins like zinc. They aid the growth of hair tissue. You can also supplement this vitamin.
- Use a suitable mild shampoo – Mild shampoos cleanse the scalp gently. It, in turn, creates a conducive environment for various hair growth treatments to work efficiently. Choose a hair fall control shampoocontaining ingredients like hydrolyzed wheat proteins and niacinamide. These ingredients help in stimulating hair health.
- A strengthening hair mask – Hair masks can work well for people who notice a lot of hair falling out when bathing or brushing their hair. Strengthening hair masks are ideal for damaged and dry hair. They detangle and smoothen your hair while also reinforcing strength. You can thus experience less breakage afterward.
- Hair growth serums – Hair growth and stimulating serums enhance blood flow in the scalp. They do it through the various antioxidants and proteins in them. Look for serums with botanical extracts if you want to stimulate hair growth.
But ensure that you are using it daily. Only daily application or regular usage will help you to notice visible results. It is especially true for those people who are facing hair loss. Today, many kinds of serums require no rinsing. Thus, they are more convenient for people.
- Oil your scalp and hair regularly. Oiling your hair helps in stimulating hair growth. It hydrates your scalp and strengthens the hair. It also provides crucial nutrients and minerals to the scalp. Thus, it prevents hair damage and makes it stronger.
Use hair oils having natural ingredients like Ashwagandha. It enables your body to adjust itself to stress. Another good ingredient to look for is castor oil, which is high in ricinoleic acid. This fatty acid boosts the health of the hair follicles.
- Take multivitamin supplements – Vitamin deficiencies are a common cause of hair loss. If you are experiencing hair fall due to it, you can take multivitamin supplements.
Some crucial vitamins and minerals for hair growth are selenium, vitamin B, vitamin D, zinc, vitamin C, iron, vitamin E, and vitamin A. However, before taking a multivitamin, consult your doctor.
When it comes to hair fall and hair growth, there is no one size fits all. But a few general things you can do to control it are improving your diet, increasing your physical activity, and reducing stress.
Moisturize your hair with suitable products. Use a shampoo designed for controlling hair fall, and you will definitely see a considerable change.