How To Become PMP Certified?
People, procedures, and business priorities are all tested in the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, which is widely accepted as a project management credential. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), which oversees the certification, there are more than one million PMPs in the globe. It may be used by project managers in a wide range of fields, including healthcare, construction, IT, and business. There are experience criteria and a certification exam to satisfy before you may earn this accreditation.
Some Information About PMP Certification Exam:
Taking the PMP exam requires familiarity with the PMP Examination Specification, which outlines objectives to be completed in five distinct performance areas:
· Getting things started on the project (1 %)
· The project’s planning (24%)
· Execution of the task (31%)
· The project is being monitored and controlled (25%)
· bringing the project to an end (7%)
Sprintzeal Exam questions are based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge and the PMP Code of Ethics. Closed-book and close-knit examinations prohibit the use of reference materials or the assistance of other students. There are 25 “sample” questions on the exam, which are intended to fine-tune the exam’s difficulty and precision, and thus do not count toward or against a test taker’s score. The test has a sprinkling of these questions at random intervals. Only 175 questions are used to score the test-performance. taker’s For each domain, the figures in parentheses represent the proportion of questions that fall into that category.
An Overview of the PMP Exam:
The PMP Certification was formerly focused on five performance areas, however starting in 2021, the test will be centred on three. In the PMP Exam Content Outline, all of these new domains are defined. This table is here for your reference.
Requirements for the PMP certification:
To sit for the test, you’ll need to show that you have the necessary education and experience in project management. Listed below are the specifics:
- Coursework that particularly addressed project management learning goals included 35 hours of instruction. A Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® qualification can be used in its place.
- For a four-year degree, you need 36 months of experience leading projects; for a high school certificate or associate’s degree, you need 60 months of experience leading projects.
How To Become PMP Certified?
PMP certification Eligibility
- Project management experience of at least 60 months and 7,500 hours is required for those with a high school diploma or an associate’s degree.
- At least 60 months and 4,500 hours of project management experience are required for those with a four-year college degree.
- 35 hours of project management training.
The training course:
- Consider taking a training course for yourself, but do it carefully. To avoid future regrets, it is best to take the training course from an approved PMI training partner.
- A member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Being a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) is not required, but it will save you money by lowering the exam fee. PMBOK guide and study material will also be updated.
You may sign up for the exam here:
- When applying online, make sure you have all of your educational and work history on available. Also, be as descriptive as possible when explaining your own personal encounter with the product. Use the PMI criteria to ensure that your description is accurate and meets all requirements. Within 10 days of completing the application, you will get an email from PMI confirming receipt of your information. The next step is to pay the test price.
Clearing the PMP Exam:
- After paying the exam price, you will be able to select a date and time for the exam.
- The exam will be held at one of the approved testing facilities.
- The exam results will be announced immediately after the test, but the certification process will take some time to complete.
- Maintaining certification is required after passing the test.
- 60 PDUs must be earned in three years, and the PMI website must be updated.