Having a baby will turn your world upside down.
It’s easy to see how new parents can be overwhelmed between adjusting to sleep schedules, managing feeding times, and simply being responsible for another person.
Sometimes, the best gift you can give a new parent isn’t material – it’s peace of mind. So instead of heading to the baby toy section to congratulate your friend on their little one, consider a unique way to help the new parents in your life. We’ve collated some of our favorites below:
Visit this site: telugu songs download
Drop off a Meal
Arranging a meal is a huge load off a new parent’s mind and one less thing for their to-do list. There are plenty of different ways that you can assist new parents, which include:
- Make a meal: coordinate with the new parent and ask when it’s convenient to drop off a meal that they’d enjoy. If you’re worried about picky eaters, offer a few options and let them choose the one they’d prefer.
- Give a takeout gift card: a new parent favorite; this is a great way to help reintroduce date night into busy parents’ lives (or bail them out on a random Wednesday when the thought of cooking is just too much).
- Organize a meal chain: a meal chain is a great way to support the new parents in your life. The concept is simple – a different family will deliver a meal each day or each week. A meal chain may sound like a logistical nightmare, but there are various apps and sites available to take all of the organizational issues out of the picture – and this is a great way to support the new families in your life on a more long-term scale.
A Laundry Service Gift Card
One of the most overwhelming parts of being a new parent is laundry. A laundry service gift card is a great way to help new parents battling spit-up and outfit changes. Try to find a laundry service with a relatively quick turnaround time (some require nearly a week) to avoid making new parents’ lives even harder.
A Residential Cleaning Service
As you’ve probably noticed, one of the best ways to help new parents is by taking care of the little things that keep life moving forward. So, hiring a cleaning service is a great way to take the stress out of a new parent’s life – who doesn’t love coming home to a clean house? Our favorite option? Schedule a deep clean from a company like SERVPRO right before they come home with the baby from the hospital and another deep clean a few months later. A deep clean can handle everything (carpets, drapery, upholstery, etc.), and it’s fantastic to start a new chapter of parenthood with a clean slate.
Offer to Babysit
Do your new parents have other children? Instead of getting their child a gift, offer to babysit. You can take the older children out to give new parents time to relax, or you can stop in and watch the new baby while mom takes a nap. Even if the new parents don’t have other children, offering to watch the baby while the mom takes some much-needed time for herself is extremely helpful.
Offer to Run Errands
Parenthood is overwhelming. One of the best ways to help the new parents in your life is to offer to run errands. There are plenty of ways to do this:
- Offer up an afternoon: reach out to the new parent and let them know that you’re around to run errands one morning or afternoon. They’re sure to give you a laundry list (no pun intended) of things you can pick up or find.
- Take over a regular errand: do they have other children that need to stick to a regular schedule? For example, offer to take their other children to their events or do a weekly dry cleaning or grocery shop on their behalf.
- Run errands online: you can get just about anything delivered these days. Send the new parents in your life a week’s worth of groceries for a gift they’ll appreciate.
Set up a Postpartum Doula or Baby Nurse
One of the best gifts you can give a new parent is rest. One of the best ways to do this is hiring a postpartum doula or baby nurse. According to the parenting experts at Motherly, a postpartum doula or baby nurse is a trained professional who specializes in caring for women and babies after birth. A postpartum doula is mostly there to help ease a mom’s transition (ideal for a delivery with complications), while a baby nurse is an expert at caring for a newborn. This gift can be a great way to help mom and dad get some real rest and peace of mind.
Parenthood is a huge change, but with these tips, you can help the new parents in your life adjust to this transition.
Read More About: naasongs