HOW TO IDENTIFY EARLY ONSET OF CATARACT: CAUSES, SYMPTOMS AND CURE
Good vision is something many people take for granted as it is a gift that is so familiar, it seems like it is something that can never be taken away. That is the part where people are wrong, as old age gets to them, and problems start to arise.
One such problem is the cataract problem. On average, over 700,000 people from the total Australian demographic currently live with cataracts, and around 10,000 are in Sydney alone. Therefore, Laser cataract surgery in Sydney is so popular, helping change lives for those who lost hope in getting their clear vision back.
A cataract is the formation of a thin layer of cells on the cornea that leads to cloudy vision in the eye. This clouding of vision can gradually grow severe and lead to total blindness which is why anyone facing this medical issue must seek treatment at the earliest. This disease is mainly observed in people about 60 year of age, but it is a rare scenario, it is also a possibility in younger people. It is therefore essential for people to take care of their eyes.
The Causes and Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Family Medical History- A family history of people with cataracts, may affect an individual due to genetics. Laser cataract surgery in Sydney is helping a lot of family members undo this genetic damage and giving them clearer vision.
- Many people at the risk of getting diabetes or those who already have diabetes are also prone to getting a bad vision.
- Another cause is the sun’s UV light exposure that which is damaging for the skin; imagine the damage it could do for an organ so sensitive.
- There are cases in Sydney that have surfaced stating the cause of the cataract was intensive smoking. People do not realize the harm smoking does to not only their lungs but also, in the long run, their vision.
- The symptoms of the onset of cataracts are cloudy vision or diminishing vision, frequent visits to the optician to change glasses due to rapid power change within a year, challenges with driving in the dark or at night, etc.
Treatment for cataracts and how it benefits patients:
Laser cataract surgery in Sydney is the best solution to combat onset or prolonged cataract due to the following benefits it gives the patients:
- There are cases where an individual might have a misalignment of the cornea along with a cataract that goes untreated. By getting the laser treatment, the doctors can target two problems at once and align the cornea.
- The treatment helps patients attain clear vision quickly, allowing them to experience normal eyesight again after a long time of suffering from bad vision. The highly advanced machinery in the hospital allows specialists to create a 3D view of the eye to understand the problem.
- Many people today worry about not being able to continue with their daily activities due to the surgery, as the recovery time is usually long for most surgeries. However, that is not the case with a laser surgery for cataract. The recovery time after a laser surgery for cataracts is very short which is a huge benefit for people worried about it.
- But in the case of a Cataract laser surgery, the recovery time is only a week or two at the max, post which people can resume living normal lives, and get back to activities like driving and playing their usual sports.